This competency refers to the ability to structure and manage a fund to meet investment objectives based on the investment management agreement. The scope includes portfolio construction, monitoring and review of the fund performance.
Level 1 - Awareness
• Identify the theories, principles and processes of fund management.
• Identify market data to be tracked for fund management.
• Identify the regulatory requirements for fund management.
• Identify the different valuation methods for different classes of asset.
Level 2 - Knowledge
• Explain the theories and tools to manage a portfolio.
• Identify market developments and trends that have an impact on the portfolio performance.
• Outline the regulatory requirements and procedures for fund management.
• Summarise the different valuation methods for different classes of asset.
Level 3 - Skill
• Construct investment portfolio comprising general asset classes to meet investment goals and risk tolerance.
• Use a wide range of market information and techniques to analyse and assess fund performance.
• Manage the fund in compliance with established procedures.
• Conduct valuation and performance measurement on the portfolios.
Level 4 - Mastery
• Construct investment portfolios comprising complex asset classes to meet investment goals and risk tolerance.
• Establish procedures to comply with fund management practices.
• Review and analyse the findings on asset valuation and performance measurement.
Level 5 - Expert
• Review investment strategy in consideration of market development, trends and related analyses.
• Provide expert views on matters related to fund management practices.
• Evaluate performance and recommend investment strategies to maximise returns on assets under management.