This competency refers to the ability to challenge the status quo (conventional approaches) and explore 'out of the box' alternatives. The scope includes developing innovative approaches and solutions to achieve organisational goals.
Level 1 - Awareness
• Accept new ideas and approaches to achieve goals.
• Draw from various perspectives to look at current practices.
• Identify methods or techniques to generate new ideas.
Level 2 - Knowledge
• Recognise when a situation can be improved from the status quo.
• Identify ideas and approaches that have been used with successful results.
• Seek feedback to refine ideas for improving current situations.
Level 3 - Skill
• Develop innovative approaches to achieve goals.
• Gather input and ideas from different sources to explore innovation opportunities.
• Expand on ideas of others and adapt successful approaches used.
Level 4 - Mastery
• Develop an environment that nurtures creative thinking and innovation.
• Develop and implement new ideas and approaches into current situations.
• Facilitate and coach others to generate new ideas and approaches.
Level 5 - Expert
• Evaluate suitability of new ideas and approaches to organisational context.
• Review innovations, new ideas and approaches for future applications in the organisation.
• Cultivate a culture of organisational change to encourage creativity and innovation.