This competency refers to the ability to deal effectively with challenges, remaining optimistic and persistent even under adverse situations. The scope includes transforming challenges into opportunities and turning setbacks into learning points.
Level 1 - Awareness
• Maintain a positive outlook in a normal work environment.
• Maintain level of work effort as work pressure increases.
• Seek guidance and assistance to overcome challenges.
Level 2 - Knowledge
• Make personal adjustments in order to achieve objectives.
• Maintain composure and not take criticism personally when challenged.
• Maintain self-motivation in the face of adversity.
Level 3 - Skill
• Persistent in meeting challenges, obstacles or constraints in any situation.
• Maintain self-control and continue to work effectively under ongoing work stress.
• Analyse the reasons for obstacles and find ways to get around the obstacles.
• Respond to challenges by remaining optimistic on achieving the intended outcome.
Level 4 - Mastery
• Develop contingency plans to deal with changes and overcome challenging situations.
• Demonstrate optimism and persistence to achieve results when faced with adverse situations.
• Reflect on setbacks to identify learning points and steps to avoid similar situation in the future.
• Influence the delivery of positive outcomes in response to adverse situations.
Level 5 - Expert
• Introduce measures to reduce performance obstacles and mitigate adverse situations.
• Drive strategic objectives and remain focused and in control of situations at all times.
• Establish policies and practices that help others build personal resilience at workplace.
• Create opportunities to experiment and explore new approaches to overcome challenges.