This competency refers to the ability to persuade and convince others. The scope includes gaining support from others on ideas, proposals and solutions to reach agreements and compromises that work best for both parties.
Level 1 - Awareness
• Identify credible information to influence others.
• Recognise persuasive arguments used in trying to influence others.
• Recognise the effect of words, actions or other details on people.
Level 2 - Knowledge
• Seek for solutions that are convincing or likely to be "win - win".
• Match the appropriate approach and time to influence different stakeholders.
• Seek to understand the needs, concerns and initial positions of all parties.
Level 3 - Skill
• Present mutually beneficial opportunities to influence others.
• Initiate the approaches to persuade and influence various stakeholders.
• Explore alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
Level 4 - Mastery
• Structure situations to create a desired impact and to maximise the chances of a favourable outcome.
• Manage efforts to influence the decision makers to achieve desired outcomes.
• Accommodate stakeholders to the extent possible without undermining other involved parties.
Level 5 - Expert
• Anticipate and prepare for specific opportunities or problems that may arise.
• Sustain coalitions of experts, opinion leaders or other third parties to get support and influence others.
• Anticipate the effect of one's approach or chosen arguments on the emotions and sensitivities of others.