This competency refers to the ability to make timely and effective decisions that are consistent with available information and desired goals. The scope includes taking into consideration constraints, risks and consequences when making decisions.
Level 1 - Awareness
• Identify the scope of decision making in the organisation.
• Seek guidance as needed when the situation is unclear.
• Identify information required for decision making process.
Level 2 - Knowledge
• Consult and consider input from others when making decisions.
• Identify the risks and consequences of decisions.
• Identify alternative options using established parameters.
Level 3 - Skill
• Make routine decisions based on clear and adequate information.
• Make decisions within authority limits based on assessment of opportunities, risks and consequences.
• Select the best option drawing from decisions made in the past for similar situations.
Level 4 - Mastery
• Make complex decisions in situations where there is incomplete information.
• Consider business priorities, risks and consequences in developing alternatives.
• Share knowledge and guide others to make sound decisions.
Level 5 - Expert
• Make high-risk strategic decisions that have significant consequences in a volatile environment.
• Balance a commitment to excellence with the best interests of internal and external stakeholders when making decisions.
• Determine the best options in times of ambiguity and uncertainty.