This competency refers to the ability to provide coaching and feedback to direct reports, peers, and team members. The scope includes identifying development needs and providing support to improve performance.
Level 1 - Awareness
• Recognise the benefits of coaching and developing others.
• Identify training and development activities available for others.
• Record own training and development activities.
Level 2 - Knowledge
• Discuss with others on how to improve performance and competencies.
• Match development interventions with performance and competency gaps.
• Recognise the situation when the coaching process is required.
Level 3 - Skill
• Review performance and provide feedback to support and improve results.
• Engage in discussions with others regarding their performance and development needs.
• Develop others through a structured coaching and developmental programme.
Level 4 - Mastery
• Analyse performance gaps to identify individual training and development needs.
• Organise resources and access for opportunities to implement the individual development plan.
• Establish coaching initiatives to support the development activities in the organisation.
Level 5 - Expert
• Inspire others to overcome difficulties in achieving professional and personal goals.
• Assess feasibility of personal development plans in achieving stated objectives.
• Promote a culture of coaching and continuous learning and development.